Optiflex Kitchens by CARE DESIGN
ONE KITCHEN TWO USERS WITH VERY DIFFERENT NEEDS
THE BENEFITS OF Optiflex
High quality adjustable kitchen units at affordable prices made specifically for wheelchair users yet with the appearance of a standard domestic kitchen.
How The System Works
A solid steel rail, called wallrail, is fixed to the wall where units and/or worktops are to be placed. The wall and base units are then hung on the wallrail by means of the hanging brackets fitted to the rear of them which ensures maximum stability. Worktops are then attached to the base units. Where there are no base units but there is worktop support consoles are used to secure the worktop.
Unit Supply & Construction
• All units are designed and manufactured by us in the UK. Each unit is made to order, supplied ready assembled and usual delivery is between 2 and 6 weeks from receipt of written order.
• All kitchens are supplied with full fitting instructions for easy installation and adjustment. • All components to FIRA B.S. 4875 Level 4. • Cam and bolt construction to all units guarantees a strong product. • Concealed extra strong 170 degree hinges.
• Special unit sizes, colours & accessories are available. A small charge may be made for non standard items.
• All doors & carcasses manufactured using quality Kronospan 18mm MFC.
• Carcasses & gables supplied in white but other colours are available on request for a small additional charge.
• Wide range of attractive 18mm doors in 2 price groups to suit all budgets. The group one doors have a decorative melamine face with laminate square edge. Group two doors are also decorative melamine faced but with 3mm PVC rounded trim to all four sides. Within the group two prices we can also supply non standard colours at no extra charge.
• Choice of 128mm “D” handles in 2 price ranges.
- Worktops can be set at 765 – 965mm from finished floor level.
- Wall units can be set at 1190 – 1390mm from finished floor level.
- All wall and base units can be adjusted to 6 heights to suit the exact needs of the user be they ambulant or disabled – no need to fit a new kitchen if the needs of the user or the user changes.
Base & Wall Units
- The suspension system is constructed of steel.
- All base units with concealed service ducts.
- Base units are designed to have gaps beneath when secured to the wall to accommodate wheelchair footplates and to ease cleaning of the floor.
Robust, hygienic, easy access injection moulded drawers with smooth metal runners and safety stop supplied as standard. Metal drawer boxes are also available on request.
- Adjustable legs on all tall housing units with high level of ventilation where required.
- The oven and fridge housing have movable support shelves so that the appliances can be placed at a height to suit the user.
- One of the oven housings has a pull out shelf below the oven space to provide a safe area for the removal or hot dishes.
- Mobile trolleys with locking castors provide extra storage space and an easy method of transporting food, cutlery etc between kitchen and dining area.
- High quality worktops are available from 2 price groups. Group 1 has models in 6 colours from the Perstorp Visions range with a 30mm post formed edge. Group 2 has models also in 6 colours and are from the Perstorp Axiom range however these are 40mm with a post formed edge and comply to BS 6222 Part 3 1993. Non standard colours from the same ranges are available on request at no extra charge
- For situations where INSTANT HEIGHT VARIATION may be required eg a school or home where there is more than one user and each user has different requirements, we recommend incorporating our units onto manually or electrically operated frames which allow the heights to be altered immediately by means of a winding handle or push button control. We have a wide range of these frames also available.
- A wide selection of KITCHEN APPLIANCES and PLUMBING ITEMS from leading manufacturers, most of which are particularly intended for disabled users. These products include:-
- Shallow bowl sinks with heat insulation to the underside
- ¼ turn taps with different lever lengths
- Taps with controls which can be mounted to the floor, fascia or worktop
- Flexible plumbing kits
- Pop up wastes
- Thermostatic blending valves.
- Side opening oven with self supporting shelves
- Gas, electric and ceramic hobs with controls mounted on the front of the hob or which can be fitted to the fascia
- Conventional and humidistat extractors
- Fridges and freezers which can be floor standing or built into units
- Washing machines
- To allow for the matching of kitchens within a site we are also able to provide Optiflex in a FIXED HEIGHT version, it has the same high specification but all units are for ambulant users.